The Club opened its doors to the young people of Bryan in 1959, eventually making its home on William J Bryan in 1964. In 1979 the Boys Club of Bryan became the Boys Clubs of Brazos County, eventually becoming Boys & Girls Clubs of the Brazos Valley in 1990. In 2020, the Caldwell Unit opened as a new branch of BGCBV. Today, BGCBV serves over 1,500 youth annually through the Central Unit in Bryan, and the Caldwell Unit.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Brazos Valley, a separately incorporated locally controlled youth development agency, is a chartered member organization of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation’s fastest-growing youth service agency having doubled in size in the last ten years. The Boys & Girls Club movement had its beginnings in 1860 when several women in Hartford, Connecticut who believed that boys who roamed the streets should have a positive alternative, formed the first Club. Currently, our local organization, with branches in Bryan and College Station, is part of a national affiliation of over 4,000 Clubs that serve 4.2 million youth ages 6-18.